CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 22, 2008

So, today was eventful.


First off, my roomates and I were stuck in the worst traffic jam EVER on our way to school. We waited for the bus to come for about 20 minutes before we were just about to start walking-then it came.
We got on the bus and we hadn't even gotten to the next stop when we were in a traffic jam. We sat on the bus for another 20 minutes before we looked around to the front to see what was ahead of us--cars as far as the eye could see, all the way up onto the freeway.
We got off the bus and walked.
Three reasons for this strange happening in Alcala:
1. Some Saint celebration in Alcala that calls for a pilgramage
2. Busdrivers on strike
3. It rained (lack of drainage on roads=accidents)
In the end, we were only 45 minutes late for class.
ANYWAYS...
Spain lacks alot of flavor. I noticed that when I eat things here, I only taste to different flavors at once, at most. So, we decided it was time to make a little guacamole to excite the tastebuds. After much searching, we found the last avocados of the season at an open air market held only on mondays in the middle of nowhere in Alcala. We also got tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and lemons. However, there were no hot peppers to be found...we decided to go to Carrefour (Spain's Wal-mart).
For the first time since arriving in Spain though, Carrefour dissapointed me. No hot peppers whatsoever. You wouldnt believe it, but they have a WHOLE ENTIRE ISLE DEDICATED TO ASPARAGUS, yet no peppers hotter than a bell. Yes. It's true.
The point is, my guac was good, but not excellent.
As if this weren't bad enough, I had Encarni try my guacamole (which she has never had). I was so excited for her Spanish tastebuds, but alas, she hated it. She didn't even pretend to like it. Your should have seen her face.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yummy!! I love your guac! And I love your shirt in that picture. :)

katiewells said...

this is hilarious.
your writing skills amaze me. and the pictures... why are you a genius?